Phone: 0124-6771700 / 1800 11 1800 (Toll Free)
National Board of Examinations (NBE) has announced the exam dates for Diplomate of National Board Centralized Entrance Test Super Specialty (DNB-CET-SS 2015), which will be conducted in December 2014. The DNB-CET-SS will be held on Tuesday, December 09, 2014.
DNB-CET-SS is a qualifying-ranking examination conducted for entry to post Doctor of Medicine (MD)/Master of Surgery (MS)/DNB 3-year super specialty programs for the session January, 2015.
1. Candidates who are in possession of post graduate medical degrees/ Provisional Pass Certificates by 31st December 2014 in eligible* specialties and their medical qualifications are recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956 or DNB qualifications may apply for CET-SS through online application. Candidates shall have completed his/her 3 years of MD/MS training by 31.12.2014.
2. Candidate should possess permanent registration certificate of MBBS qualification and their additional medical qualification should be registrable with Medical council of
3. Candidates found to be ineligible at any stage of CET-SS will not be permitted to appear in the examination. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and/or being successful in the CET-SS, the results/candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled and/or are deemed to be cancelled.
4. Requests for appearing in CET-SS from candidates who are qualifying and getting their results of the basic eligibility qualification after 31st December 2013 shall be summarily rejected.
Candidate who are qualifying and getting their results after 31st December 2014 or likely to qualify after 31st December 2014 need not apply in the CET - SS exam as they shall be ineligible to participate at any stage of the admission process.
5. Candidates already pursuing a DM/MCh or DNB course are not eligible to appear for the CET-SS till such time they have completed the duration of prescribed course or have been discharged from the course.
6. Registration and /or appearance in CET-SS does not confer any automatic rights upon the candidate for admission at NBE accredited hospital / institute.
7. Registration with M.C.I./State Medical Council/ is necessary and its documentary proof should be furnished at the time of counseling.
8. Medical Genetics: NBE has introduce DNB Medical Genetics as 3 years Super Specialty Course from January 2015 Academic Session onwards. Candidates with DNB/MD/MS qualification in General Medicine, Pediatrics and Obstetrics & Gynecology only are eligible to opt for Medical Genetics (Cut off date for qualification 31.12.2014)
For candidates with DNB/MD qualification in Medicine/Pediatrics, the merit list for admission to Medical Genetics Programme shall be derived from DNB CET SS: medical & pediatrics subgroup respectively.
Candidates with DNB/MS qualification in Obstetrics & Gynaecology shall appear in the NBE FET (for the same academic session as DNB CET-SS) for Obstetrics and Gynaecology discipline. Their FET question paper shall have 100 questions in Obstetrics and Gynaecology and 30 questions in Medical Genetics. The marks obtained in Obstetrics & Gynaecology component (i.e. out of 100) shall be scaled to 180 and a common merit list shall be prepared (based on performance in 180+30 = 210 questions).
Candidates can apply online.
The question paper shall comprise of 180 multiple choice questions (MCQs) with single correct response to be attempted by candidate in 3 hrs.
The questions shall be of the level of post graduate exit examination.
The questions shall cover topics from applied basic sciences, clinical practice and recent advances.
Medical specialties–180 questions.
Pediatric specialties (for neonatology)–180 questions.
For medical genetics–Eligible candidates from Medical specialties and Pediatric specialties (for neonatology) shall in addition undertake 30 MCQ paper in Medical Genetics.
There shall be no negative marking.
Amount DNB-CETSS Rs. 4500/-
The above fee is inclusive of examination fees and information bulletin; The above fee is inclusive of Information Bulletin; Information Bulletin shall be available at website
The prescribed registration fee should be remitted through payment gateway provided using a Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by banks in
or net banking. For more
information, please visit the website India
Candidates remaining absent from the examination will forfeit their examination fee. Candidates are advised to read the rule position carefully and satisfy the terms and conditions for fulfillment of eligibility criteria before proceeding for payment of fees.
FEES SHALL NEITHER BE REFUNDED NOR CARRIED FORWARD IF THE APPLICATION FOR DNB-PDCET IS REJECTED/CANDIDATURE IS FOUND TO BE INELIGIBLE.
Last date for online registration: Saturday, October 18, 2014
Date of DNB-CET-SS: Tuesday, December 09, 2014
To know more Information about DNB CET SS 2015 please click here