IIMC, an Internationally-known centre for training and research in Mass Communication, an autonomous
body under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Govt of India, invites applications for the following
1. Post-graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (English), New Delhi, Dhenkanal (Odisha), Aizawl (Mizoram), Amravati (Maharashtra), Jammu (J&K) and Kottayam (Kerala)
2. Post-graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (Hindi),
3. Post-graduate Diploma Course in Radio & Television Journalism,
4. Post-graduate Diploma Course in Advertising and Public Relations,
Duration: August 2015 to May 2016
Bachelor's degree in any discipline. Those who have appeared/are appearing in final degree examinations are also eligible to apply.
Date of Birth: 1.8.1990 or later (for SCs/STs/PH 1.8.1985 or later and for OBC 1.8.1987 or later).
No. of Seats: 62+62+15+15+15+15 in Course No. 1, 62 in Course No. 2, 46 in Course No. 3, 70 in Course No. 4 and 23 in Course No. 5. Five seats available in each Course for NRIs/NRIs sponsored candidates, for which a separate prescribed application form should be submitted.
Reservation of Seats: As per Government of India Orders for SC/ST/PH/OBC candidates.
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION AND EXAMINATION: Hindi and/or English; for Course No. 5: Odia.
and Aizawl: Limited accommodation only
for outstation girl candidates. Delhi
Jammu & Kottayam: Facilities available for both boys and girls. Amravati
Fees: Courses Nos.1 & 2 Rs. 60,000/- each, Course No. 3 Rs. 1,10,000/-, Course No. 4 Rs. 85,000/- and Course No. 5 Rs. 33,000/-.
Entrance Examination: 31 May 2015 at New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Patna, Lucknow, Bhubaneshwar, Bhopal, Chennai, Jammu, Srinagar, Kochi, Nagpur, Aizawl and Guwahati centres. However, Entrance Examination for Odia Journalism (Course no.5) will be held on 1 June 2015 at Bhubaneshwar Centre only.
Interview: Last week of June/First week of July, 2015
For Course Nos. 1, 2, 3 & 4 - at
; For Course No. 5 - at Dhenkanal
(Odisha) New Delhi
1. Application forms can be purchased in person or by post. Application forms and prospectus can be obtained on payment of Rs. 1200/- for general category and Rs. 1100/- for SC/ST/OBC/PH category through a demand draft only, drawn on any scheduled bank payable to Registrar IIMC at New Delhi, from IIMC New Delhi or IIMC Dhenkanal (Odisha). Request for application forms should be accompanied by a Demand Draft & a self-addressed stamped (Rs. 70/-) envelope (27x17 cm).
The application form can be filled after downloading from website. Each application form must be accompanied by a Demand Draft of Rs. 1200/- for General & Rs.1100/- for SC/ST/OBC/Physically Handicapped categories drawn in favour of Registrar, IIMC New Delhi on or before 08th May, 2015.
3. Important: The sale of application forms will commence at IIMC
and IIMC Dhenkanal from 10 March
form for Course Nos 1 and 2 is common. There are separate application
forms/entrance examinations for Course Nos.3, 4 & 5. Candidates who wish to
apply for more than one Course will have to fill separate application forms for
each Course they wish to apply for. New Delhi
Last date for issue of application forms is 08th May, 2015.
Completed application forms with DD should reach Registrar, IIMC, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi-110067 on or before 08th May, 2015.
For further Information Contact:
011-26741073, 26741352, 26741062, Fax: 011-26742462, 26741268, Dhenkanal
06762-226194 & 226196, Fax: 06762-226195, 226197 New Delhi
Last date submission of application form: 08th May, 2015
Entrance Date: 31st May, 2015To know more Information about entrance please click here