DNB CETSS - Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar, Mahatma Gandhi Marg (Ring Road), New Delhi-110029, Tel.: 45593000 or 1800-11-1800 (Toll Free
National Board of Examinations (NBE) has announced the exam dates for Diplomate of National Board Centralized Entrance Test Super Specialty (DNB-CET-SS 2016), which will be conducted in November 2015. The DNB-CET-SS will be held on Friday, November 27, 2015.
DNB-CET is a qualifying-ranking examination conducted for entry to post Doctor of Medicine (MD), Master of Surgery (MS), DNB 3-year super specialty programs for the session January, 2016.
1. Candidates who are in possession of post graduate medical degrees, Provisional Pass Certificates by 31st December 2015 in eligible* specialties and their medical qualifications are recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956 or DNB qualifications may apply for CET-SS through online application. Candidates shall have completed his, her 3 years of MD, MS training by 31.12.2015.
2. Candidate should possess permanent registration certificate of MBBS qualification and their additional medical qualification should be registrable with Medical council of
3. Candidates found to be ineligible at any stage of CET-SS will not be permitted to appear in the examination. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and, or being successful in the CET-SS, the results, candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled and, or are deemed to be cancelled.
4. Requests for appearing in CET-SS from candidates who are qualifying and getting their results of the basic eligibility qualification after 31st December 2015 shall be summarily rejected.
Candidate who are qualifying and getting their results after 31st December 2015 or likely to qualify after 31st December 2015 need not apply in the CET - SS exam as they shall be ineligible to participate at any stage of the admission process.
5. Candidates already pursuing a DM, MCh or DNB course are not eligible to appear for the CET-SS till such time they have completed the duration of prescribed course or have been discharged from the course.
6. Registration and, or appearance in CET-SS does not confer any automatic rights upon the candidate for admission at NBE accredited hospital, institute.
7. Registration with M.C.I., State Medical Council, is necessary and its documentary proof should be furnished at the time of counseling.
8. Medical Genetics: NBE has introduce DNB Medical Genetics as 3 years Super Specialty Course from January 2015 Academic Session onwards. Candidates with
,MS qualification in General Medicine,
Pediatrics and Obstetrics & Gynecology only are eligible to opt for Medical
Genetics (Cut off date for qualification 31.12.2015) DNB, MD
For candidates with DNB, MD qualification in Medicine, Pediatrics, the merit list for admission to Medical Genetics Programme shall be derived from DNB CET SS: medical & pediatrics subgroup respectively.
qualification in Obstetrics
& Gynaecology shall appear in the NBE FET (for the same academic session as
DNB CET-SS) for Obstetrics and Gynaecology discipline. Their FET question paper
shall have 100 questions in Obstetrics and Gynaecology and 30 questions in
Medical Genetics. The marks obtained in Obstetrics & Gynaecology component
(i.e. out of 100) shall be scaled to 180 and a common merit list shall be
prepared (based on performance in 180+30 = 210 questions). DNB,
* For list of eligible qualification required for entry to DNB (Post Doctoral) courses, candidates are advised to refer to schedule at Annexure B of the information bulletin.
Candidates can apply online.
The prescribed registration fee of Rs. 4500/- should be remitted through payment gateway provided using a credit card or a debit card issued by banks in
through net banking. India
Paper Pattern for DNB CET-SS January 2016:
CETSS - Medical and Neonatology will be two-section tests with both the sections separately timed.
The first section comprising of 180 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) with single correct response is mandatory for all candidates.
The total duration of the first section is 180 minutes.
The second section comprising of 30 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) Medical Genetics is for those candidates only who wish to pursue DNB- Medical Genetics.
The total duration of the second section is 30 minutes
Total exam time for CETSS - Medical and Neonatology increases to 210 minutes (excluding tutorial). Once the section one has ended, candidates will be given the option to either quit the test or proceed to the second section.
Declaration of Results: Monday, January 25, 2016.
To know more Information about entrance please click here