JEE Advanced 2016
The Joint Entrance Examination JEE-Advanced is an all-India examination administered and conducted in seven IIT zones across the country by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) for admission to Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s and Dual Degree programs in the sixteen IITs (IIT Bhubaneswar, Bombay, Delhi, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Chennai, Mandi, Patna, Roorkee, Ropar, Varanasi) and the Indian School of Mines (ISM) Dhanbad.
All the candidates aspiring to take admission in the undergraduate programmes at IITs and ISM Dhanbad, for the year 2016 will have to appear in the Paper-1 of JEE (Main)-2016, which will be conducted by JEE Apex Board during the month of April, 2016
A candidate, including a foreign national, must fulfill each and every one of the following criteria to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2016
Criterion 1 – Performance in JEE (Main) 2016: The candidate should be among the top 1,50,000 (all categories included) in JEE (Main) 2016. The percentages of the total number of candidates for various categories is as follows:
50.5% for GEN (from the common merit list), 27% for OBCNCL, 15% for SC and 7.5% for ST. Within each of these four categories, 3% horizontal reservation is available for PwD candidates.
The category-wise distribution of the number of “top” candidates is shown in the following table:
GEN 73,478 Total 75,750
OBC-NCL 39,285 Total 40,500
SC 21,825 Total 22,500
ST 10,912 Total 11,250
Criterion 2 – Age limit: The candidate should have been born on or after October 1, 1990 if belonging to the GEN or OBC-NCL category and on or after October 1, 1985 if belonging to the SC, ST or PwD category.
Criterion 3 – Number of attempts: A candidate can attempt JEE (Advanced) a maximum of two times and that too in consecutive years. Therefore, JEE (Advanced) 2015 should be either the candidate’s FIRST attempt OR the SECOND consecutive attempt.
Criterion 4 – Appearance in Class XII (or equivalent) examination: The candidate should have appeared for the Class XII (or equivalent) examination for the first time in all the subjects in either 2015 or 2016.
A candidate can attempt JEE (Advanced) a maximum of two times and that too in consecutive years. Therefore, JEE (Advanced) 2016 should be either the candidate’s FIRST attempt OR the SECOND consecutive attempt.
Earlier Admission Taken Through JEE Advanced-2016:
Candidates who had earlier taken admission (irrespective of whether or not they continued in any of the programmes) or accepted admission by paying the admission fee at any of the IITs or ISM Dhanbad, are Not Eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced)-2016.
In JEE (Advanced)-2016, there will be two papers, each of three hours duration.
The question papers will be printed separately in English and Hindi.
Candidates have to specify their choice of question paper language at the time of online registration for JEE (Advanced)-2016.
Each of the question papers will consist of three separate parts in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
The questions will be of objective (multiple choice) type, designed to test comprehension, reasoning and analytical ability of candidates.
Candidates should register for appearing in JEE (Advanced) 2016.
Registration is through the online portal only.
The candidate should satisfy each and every one of the five eligibility criteria [see 9. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR APPEARING IN JEE (ADVANCED) 2016].
Registration will be cancelled if, at a later date, it is found that the candidate does not meet even one of these five eligibility criteria.
Even if a candidate did not opt for appearing in JEE (Advanced) 2016 while registering for JEE (
2016, he, she can register for JEE (Advanced) 2016.
Application for JEE (Advanced) 2016 CANNOT be withdrawn after registration is completed.
Registration fee is NEITHER refundable NOR transferable.
Detailed instructions for online registration will be provided on the registration portal.
Online registration portal
Candidates who successfully complete registering for JEE (Advanced) 2016 can download the admit card from the online registration portal.
The admit card will bear the following details of the candidate: Name, Roll number for JEE (Advanced) 2016, photograph, signature, date of birth, address for correspondence, category and language of the question paper.
In addition, it will have the name and address of the examination centre allotted to the candidate.
Candidates should carefully examine the entries in the admit card and in case of any discrepancy, contact the Chairman, JEE (Advanced) 2016 of the respective zonal IIT.
In case the admit card is not available for downloading, the candidate should contact the Chairman, JEE (Advanced) 2016 of the respective zonal IIT.
A copy of the downloaded admit card should be produced at the time of examination. The original admit card will be issued to the candidate during the Paper 1 examination. This original admit card must be retained safely till all the formalities of admission are complete.
· Candidates have to register themselves for appearing in JEE Advanced-2016. Registration can be done through the online portal, only.
· Candidates must read all the instructions before registering him, herself for the JEE Advanced-2016.
· Candidates must satisfy each and every eligibility criteria mentioned in the notification of JEE Advanced-2016.
· If any candidate found, not meeting any of the eligibility criteria mentioned in the notification of JEE Advanced-2016, then his, her registration will automatically get cancelled.
· If a candidate did not opt for appearing in JEE Advanced-2016 while registering for JEE MAIN-2016, he, she can register for JEE Advanced 2016.
· Application for JEE (Advanced) 2016 cannot be withdrawn in any condition after the registration is completed.
· Registration fee is neither refundable nor transferable.
· Detailed instructions for online registration will be provided on the registration portal.
Examination Centres in
Male Female India
General (GE) INR 2000 INR 1000
Other backward class – Non Creamy Layer (OBC – NCL) INR 2000 INR 1000
Scheduled Cast (SC) INR 1000 INR 500
Scheduled Tribe (ST) INR 1000 INR 500
Persons with disability (PwD) INR 1000 INR 500
All Categories USD 220 USD 220
1. Candidates need to upload certain certificates and documents at the time of registration for the JEE Advanced-2016. Following is the list of such documents and certificates: All candidates:
2. A colour photograph of full frontal (face) view, with the head centered in the frame covering 70-80% of the photograph and taken within the last six months. The photograph should be such that it allows unambiguous identification of the candidate.
3. Class X certificate if the date of birth is mentioned in it OR birth certificate.
4. Class XII (or equivalent examination) certificate (for those who appeared for this examination in 2015).
5. Scanned copy of candidate’s full signature.
6. Scanned copy of left-hand thumb impression.
7. If the name is not same as in the Class X certificate, gazette notification showing the change of name.
Date of Registration for JEE (Advanced) 2016: 29th April 2016 (Friday, 10.00 AM) to 04th May (Wednesday, 05.00 PM)
Date of Admit Card Available for Downloading: 11th May 2016 (Wednesday, 10.00 AM) to 22nd May 2016 (Sunday, 09.00 AM)
Dates of JEE (Advanced) 2016
Paper-1: 22nd May 2016 (Sunday, 09:00 - 12:00 IST)
Paper-2: 22nd May 2016 (Sunday, 14:00 - 17:00 IST)
Date of Online Display of ORS & Scanned Responses: 01st June 2016 (Wednesday, 10.00 AM) to 04th June 2016 (Saturday, 05.00 PM)
Date of Online Display of Answer Keys: 05th June 2016 (Sunday, 10.00 AM)
Feedback and Comments on Answer Keys from the Candidates: 05th June 2016 (Sunday, 10.00 AM) to 07th June 2016 (Tuesday, 05.00 PM)
Date of Online Declaration of Results: 12th June 2016 (Sunday, 10.00 AM)
Date of Online Registration for Architecture Aptitude Test: 12th June 2016 (Sunday, 10.00 AM) to 13th June 2016 (Monday, 05.00 PM)
Date of Architecture Aptitude Test: 15th June 2016 (Wednesday, 09:00-12:00 IST)
Date of Declaration of Results of AAT: 19th June 2016 (Sunday)
Date of Seat Allotment: 20th June 2016 (Monday) to 19th July 2016 (Tuesday)
To know more Information about JEE Advanced 2016 please Click here