Vellore-632 014, Tamil
. Nadu, India
Phone: + 91-416-220 2125, 220 2168
Fax: +91-416-224 5544, 224 5766
Phone: + 91-416-220 2125, 220 2168
Fax: +91-416-224 5544, 224 5766
VIT University (VIT), Vellore has announced the exam dates for VIT Engineering Entrance Exam (VITEEE 2016), which will be conducted in April 2016. The VITEEE computer based test will be held from Wednesday, April 06, 2016 to Sunday, April 17, 2016.
VITEEE is conducted for taking admission to Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) program for the academic year 2016.
Ø B.Tech. Biomedical Engineering
Ø B.Tech. Biotechnology
Ø B.Tech. Civil Engineering
Ø B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering
Ø B.Tech. Mechanical engineering (specialization in Energy Engineering)
Ø B.Tech. Mechanical engineering (specialization in Chemical Process Engineering)
Ø B.Tech. Mechanical with specialization in Automotive Engineering (jointly with ARAI, Pune)
Ø B.Tech. Production & Industrial Engineering
The applicant should be a Resident, Non Resident Indian National.
Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2016 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology in the qualifying examination (+2, Intermediate).
The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM, PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the following categories:
· Candidates belonging to SC,ST
· Fill in the proforma as given in Annexure III and have it attested by a competent authority (The list of authorities empowered for the same is given in Annexure III).
· Candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
· Fill in the CERTIFICATE TO PROVE NATIVITY (proforma given in Annexure III).
These documents should be produced at the time of counselling, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
In case the marks statement is not produced by the candidates at the time of admission, the decision of the Management regarding his, her eligibility and admission to the programme shall be final.
· Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible for all the 15 B.Tech. Degree Programmes.
· Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible for B.Tech. Bio-Medical Engineering and Biotechnology programmes. They are also eligible for B.Tech. Computer Science and Engg (Spec. in Bioinformatics) but after joining, registering Mathematics as bridge course is mandatory.
Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1994 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2016. The date of birth as recorded in the High School, SSC, X Certificate will be considered authentic. Candidates should produce this certificate in original as a proof of their age at the time of counselling, failing which they will be disqualified.
· The admission will be purely on the basis of the marks secured in the VITEEE-2016, conducted by
. VIT University
· Candidates who have not appeared for the VITEEE are not eligible for admission.
· The candidates will be short-listed based on their entrance examination marks and will be called for the counselling.
Pattern of the Entrance Examination – CBT
· All Questions will be of OBJECTIVE TYPE.
· PART-I – Physics
· PART-II – Chemistry
· PART-III – Mathematics , Biology
· Candidates attempting Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics are eligible for all the 15 programmes offered.
· Candidates attempting Physics, Chemistry & Biology are eligible for B.Tech. Bio-Medical Engineering, Biotechnology and Computer Science and Engg (Spec. in Bioinformatics) programmes only
Issue of Application Forms - Online
Candidates can also apply online at website through the following mode:
(i) Net banking, Credit card, Debit card
(ii) DD mode (online applicants need to pay Rs. 940/- only).
The online applicants applying through DD mode should send the hardcopy of the application form to the University addressed to the "Director - UG Admissions”,
, Vellore-632014. VIT University
· The Prospectus and the information brochure for the B.Tech. programme, along with the necessary enclosures which include the Application Form and a printed self addressed envelope, can be obtained against cash payment of Rs. 990/- from the various post offices as given in the VIT website
Candidates can obtain the application form in person from the
University, Campus Vellore
Chennai Campus VIT University
(iii) Anna Nagar Office,
New No. 6, (Old No. W-73), Second Street (Opposite Towers Club), Anna Nagar, Chennai – 600040, by handing over a Demand Draft for Rs. 990/- drawn in favour of ‘VIT University’, payable at Vellore.
· Candidates can also obtain the application form through post by sending a Demand Draft for Rs. 990,- drawn in favour of ‘VIT University’, payable at Vellore, with a covering letter addressed to “Director - UG Admissions”, VIT University, Vellore-632014, requesting for the application form and indicating their complete postal address. On receipt of the DD, the application form with the enclosures will be sent by post. The postal charges will be borne by the Institute. Candidate should write his, her name, Mobile Number and address on the reverse of the DD.
· Candidates are advised to purchase the information brochure, application form only through means mentioned above and not from any private publishers vendors. Fake application forms will not be processed and will be rejected.
· The e-Admit card will be generated once the candidate has booked his, her schedule through the Online Test Booking System.
· The e-Admit card will be auto-generated for only those candidates who book a slot using the Online Test Booking system before the last date.
· The e-Admit card will indicate the e-Admit card number, photograph of the student, address of the test center, test date and time selected by the candidate. Discrepancies, if any, must be brought to the notice of
immediately. VIT University
· The e-Admit card will be made available for candidates on website. Candidate should provide the application form number and Online Test Booking password to download the e- Admit card.
· The copy of the e-Admit card will also be emailed to the candidate.
· Candidates must provide valid email ID in the application form. The e-Admit card will not be dispatched to candidates via post or fax.
· Candidates should ensure that a printer is connected to their computer while printing the e-Admit card.
· Candidates should take a print out of the e-Admit card using the print option on A4 size paper only. Please ensure that all information on the e-Admit card including photograph is clearly visible on the print out.
· Candidates will not be permitted to appear for the test without valid e-Admit card.
· Candidates must not mutilate the e-Admit card or change any entry made therein after it has been authenticated and received by them. Impersonation is a legally punishable offence.
· The e-Admit card is an important document and it must be preserved and produced at the time of Counseling, admission.
Candidate should report to the selected test centre with
1. e-Admit card
2. Photocopy of the application form and
3. Any one of the following for photo identification.
b. Driving License
c. Voter ID card
d. IT Pan card
e. School or college Photo ID card
f. Twelfth Standard board exam hall ticket (or) admit card bearing photo
· You can check the result of the exam on the official website of
. VIT University
· For this, you have to enter roll number and birth date in the fields.
· A text message indicating the result would be sent on candidate’s mobile number.
· Result would be issued in May 2016.
· Counselling schedule will be issued by the university.
· Candidates shall be able to fill the options online in the decreasing order of reference.
· Thereafter, they shall be called for counselling as per the merit list ranking.
· You must reach the counselling venue with all the necessary documents and certificates.
· They must be in originals and one set of photocopy.
· Counselling venues – Chennai and
Issue of application forms: Friday, November 27, 2015.
Last date for issue, receipt of application forms: Monday, February 29, 2016.
Date of VITEEE: Wednesday, April 06, 2016 to Sunday, April 17, 2016.
Declaration of Results (tentative): Friday, April 29, 2016.To know more Information about VITEEE 2016 Click here