About NEET-SS 2021:
Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences (NBEMS)
Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar, Mahatma Gandhi Marg (Ring Road)
New Delhi- 110029
Helpline: 022 61087595 (Monday to Friday: 9:30AM to 6:00PM)
Website: www.nbe.edu.in, www.natboard.edu.in
NEET-SS is an eligibility-cum-ranking examination prescribed as the single entrance examination for admission to various DM/MCh and DrNB Super Specialty courses as per as per Section 61(2) of the National Medical Commission Act, 2019.
No other entrance examination, either at the state or the Institution level, shall be valid for entry to DM/MCh/DrNB Super specialty courses as per the Indian Medical Council (Amendment) Act, 2016 w.e.f. 2017 admission session. Qualifying NEET-SS is mandatory for entry to DM/MCh/DrNB Courses under various Universities/ Institutions in the country.
Scope of NEET-SS
NEET-SS 2021 shall be the single eligibility cum entrance examination for admission to Super Specialty Courses for the academic session 2020-21 which will include the following:
• All DM/MCh Courses in the country including all Private Medical Colleges/Institutions/Universities/Deemed Universities.
• All DM/MCh courses at Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions
• All DrNB Super-specialty Courses (except Direct 6 Years DrNB Courses)
The following Medical institutions are not covered for admission to DM/MCh courses through NEET-SS for 2021 admission session:
1. AIIMS, New Delhi
2. PGIMER, Chandigarh
3. JIPMER, Puducherry
4. NIMHANS, Bengaluru
5. Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
No state government/private medical college/Universities including the UT of Jammu & Kashmir shall be conducting any separate entrance for admission to their DM/MCh Courses for the academic session 2021-22
About National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences
The Government of India established the National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences (NBEMS) in 1975 with the objective of improving the quality of the Medical Education by establishing high and uniform standards of postgraduate examinations in modern medicine on an All India Basis and utilizing existing healthcare infrastructure for capacity building
Eligibility Criteria for NEET-SS 2021:
The applicant must meet/fulfil the following criteria:
1. Candidates who are in possession of recognized post graduate medical Degree/Provisional Pass Certificate (MD/MS/DNB) or an equivalent recognized qualification or likely to be in possession of the same by 30th November 2021 in accordance with eligible feeder specialty qualifications for super specialty courses as mentioned in Annexure B of this Information Bulletin can apply for NEET-SS 2021.
2. Candidates found to be ineligible at any stage of NEET-SS 2021 will not be permitted to appear in the examination. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and/or being successful in NEET SS 2021, the result/ candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled and/or is deemed to be cancelled as and when the ineligibility is detected.
3. The cutoff date for qualifying MD/MS/DNB Broad Specialty/ eligible feeder qualification towards determination of eligibility for appearing in NEET-SS 2021 shall be 30th November 2021.
4. Requests for appearing in NEET-SS 2021 from candidates who are qualifying and/or getting the results of their MD/MS/DNB qualifications/eligible feeder qualifications after 30th November 2021 shall be summarily rejected.
5. Registration with NMC/State Medical Council is mandatory and its documentary proof should be furnished at the test Centre on the examination day.
6. In terms of the Gazette Notification No CG-DL-E-04032021-225647 Part II- Section 3 - Sub section (ii) dated 04.03.2021 of MHA for OCI, the foreign nationals shall not be eligible.
7. Candidates already pursuing or have joined a Doctoral Course (DM/MCh/DrNB) through NEET-SS are not eligible for admission to DrNB Superspecialty courses through NEET-SS 2021 for the entire duration prescribed for the course already joined by them earlier. This shall be irrespective of their resignation or discontinuation from the said course due to any reason.
8. Eligibility of candidates issued admit card for the examination shall be purely provisional. Appearing in NEET-SS 2021 does not confer any automatic rights upon the candidate for admission to DM/MCh/DrNB Super Specialty courses.
How to Apply:
Application for NEET-SS 2021 can only be submitted online through National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences website https://nbe.edu.in There is no other methodology for application submission. Application submitted through any other mode shall be summarily rejected. Applications of candidates producing false or fabricated information shall not be considered and candidates may be further debarred from appearing in any future examinations conducted by NBEMS/MoHFW/other Institutions.
1. Examination Fee:
Examination Fee per Group*: Rs. 4250
*Excluding charges as may be applicable by various payment gateways. GST has been EXEMPTED as per Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance, Govt of India circular no 151/07/2021-GST dated 17.06.2021
2. Candidate shall be required to pay the examination fee as mentioned above for each group in which he/she chooses to appear. For eg. A candidate with MD Paediatrics qualification who chooses to appear in question papers for both Medical and Paediatric Groups shall be required to pay Rs. 4250 + 4250 = 8500/- towards examination fee. Please refer chapter - 4 for details of scheme of examination
3. Applications forms once submitted cannot be withdrawn. Fee shall neither be carried forward to a future date nor refunded under any circumstances. Application once submitted cannot be withdrawn. Any claim for refund, adjustment or carrying forward of Application fee will not be entertained.
4. How to pay: The prescribed exam fee should be remitted through payment gateway provided using a Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by banks in India or other modes as may be made available and have been provided on the web page. Fee cannot be deposited through any mode other than the payment gateway available while submitting online application form submission.
5. Examination fees in respect of candidates who are absent or have been declared ineligible due to any reason will be forfeited. Candidates are advised to read the information bulletin for NEESS 2021 carefully and satisfy the terms and conditions for fulfilment of eligibility criteria before proceeding for payment of fees
Online Application Submission: 22nd September (3 PM Onwards) to 12th October, 2021 (Till 11:55PM)
Edit Window for All Applicants: 16th October to 18th October, 2021
Issue of Admit Card: 5th November, 2021
Examination Date: 13th and 14th November, 2021
Cut Off Date for qualifying MD/MS/DNB Broad Specialty qualification towards determination of eligibility for appearing in NEET-SS 2021: 30th November, 2021
To know more Information about this courses please visit: www.nbe.edu.in