Cum Entrance Test (UG), NEET UG 2021
Address for Correspondence:
National Testing Agency
First Floor, NSIC-MDBP Bullding, Okhla Industrial Estate,
New Delhi- 110020, Phone No.: 011-40759000
Website: www.nta.ac.in, https://neet.nta.nic.in Email: email@example.com
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India (GOI) has established National Testing Agency (NTA) as an independent autonomous and self-sustained premier testing organisation for conducting efficient, transparent and international standard test in order to access the competency of candidates for admission to premier higher education institutions.
Sub: Inviting Online Applications for National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test [(NEET (UG)] 2021 –Reg.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) is inviting Online Applications for NEET (UG) – 2021 for admission to the undergraduate medical courses in all medical institutions in India.
As per Section 14 of The National Medical Commission Act, 2019, the NEET (UG) has to be conducted as a common and uniform National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test [(NEET (UG)] for admission to undergraduate medical education in all medical institutions, including those governed under any other law in force.
NEET (UG) – 2021 will be conducted in 13 languages i.e. English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu.
In order to ensure that the candidate data is submitted fast, the Application Form for NEET (UG) – 2021 has been divided into Two Sets/Phases.
The first set of information needs to be filled up before the last date of submission of the Application Form online. The second set of information needs to be filled up by the candidates before the declaration of the Result/ downloading of Score Card during the period that would be notified separately through NEET (UG) Portal in due course. All candidates shall fill up each set of information of the Application Form at the respective time of availability. In the absence of filling up of any of the set of information, his/her candidature will be cancelled.
The ‘columns’ to be filled up in each set of information are available in the Information Bulletin as Appendix-XVII for the reference of the Candidates.
The NEET (UG) – 2021 shall consist of one Question Paper containing 180 Multiple Choice Questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany and Zoology).
Admissions to all seats of Undergraduate Medical / Dental Courses will be done through NEET (UG) - 2021. The following are the seats available under different quotas:
i. All India Quota Seats
ii. State Government Quota Seats
iii. Central Institutions/Universities/Deemed Universities
iv. State/Management/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private University
v. Central Pool Quota Seats
vi. All seats including NRI Quota as well as Management Quota, in private unaided/aided minority / non-minority medical colleges.
vii. AIIMS Institutes across India/JIPMER.
Eligibility for appearing in NEET (UG), as per related Regulations of NMC and DCI are as follows:-
i. He/she has completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31 December of the year of his/her admission to the first year Undergraduate Medical Course.
Accordingly, the lower age limit shall as under:
For Candidates of General (UR)/General-EWS
born on or before 31.12.2004
For Candidates of SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD Category
ii. The upper age limit for NEET (UG) is 25 years as on the date of examination with a relaxation of 5 years for the candidates belonging to the SC/ST/OBC-NCL category and PwBD Candidates.
NOTE: The upper age limit of 25 years as prescribed under the Regulations on Graduate Medical Education, 1997 vide amendment dated 22.01.2018, was challenged before the Hon'ble High Court of Delhi and the said upper age limit had been upheld vide judgement dated 11.05.2018 in W.P. No.1813/2018 & other connected matters. The said judgement dated 11.05.2018 was challenged before the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India in SLP (C) No. 14320/2018 & other connected matters when vide interim order dated 29.11.2018, candidates who are 25 years and above were provisionally permitted to appear in NEET-UG-2019 subject to the final outcome of the said matters. The Supreme Court thereafter, vide order dated 29.04.2019 had permitted the candidates to appear provisionally in the Counselling subject to the adjudication of the matters. The aforesaid matters are pending adjudication before the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India and the authorities shall abide by any order that may be passed for NEET-UG-2021.
Thus, the candidates above 25 years are provisionally permitted to appear and their candidature is subjected to the outcome of pending Petitions before the Hon'ble Supreme Court.
iii. Indian Citizens/ Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) intending to pursue Undergraduate Medical Courses in a foreign Medical/ Dental Institute also need to qualify NEET (UG).
Criteria for NRI / OCI / Foreign Nationals
1. Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), and Foreign Nationals are eligible for admission in Medical /Dental Colleges subject to rules and regulations framed by the respective State Governments, Institutions and Government of India, as the case may be. The NRI and OCI Applicants / Candidates have to upload a Certificate from the concerned Indian Diplomatic Mission in the country of their residence in support of their claim as an NRI / OCI Candidate, along with their online application form for NEET (UG) 2021 and retain the original of such document for producing it at the time of Counselling / Admission to the Courses covered under NEET (UG). Similarly, a foreign applicant for NEET (UG) 2021 shall also upload Documentary Proof (e.g. relevant pages of a valid passport or a Certificate from Competent Authority in the country of his/her nationality regarding his/her citizenship status) in support of his / her Nationality, along with online application form. The Embassy Certificate and Citizenship Certificate or any Documentary proof of Citizenship are given in Annexure- XIV A and XIV B.
2. Foreign nationals may confirm their eligibility from the concerned Medical/Dental/College/State.
3. Eligibility of OCI cardholders for NEET (UG):
The Ministry of Home Affairs vide Notification dated 4th March 2021 specified the rights to which an OCI cardholder shall be entitled under the Citizenship Act, 1955. Clause (4) (ii) of the said Notification reads as under: “(4) parity with Non-Resident Indians in the matter of,- (ii) appearing for the all India entrance tests such as National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, Joint Entrance Examination (Mains), Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) or such other tests to make them eligible for admission only against any Non-Resident Indian seat or any supernumerary seat: Provided that the OCI cardholder shall not be eligible for admission against any seat reserved exclusively for Indian citizens.” The above Notification provides the following Explanation: “The OCI Cardholder (including a PIO card holder) is a foreign national holding passport of a foreign country and is not a citizen of India.” Similarly, the PIO cardholder and foreign nationals shall not be eligible for admission against any seat reserved exclusively for Indian citizens.
Fee Payable by candidates:
· General: Rs. 1500/-
· General-EWS/ OBC-NCL*: Rs. 1400/-
· SC/ST/PwD/Transgender: Rs. 800/-
Processing charges & Goods and Services Tax (GST) are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable.
How to Apply:
1. Candidates can apply for NEET (UG) - 2021 through “Online” mode only.
2. Submission of Online Application Form may be done by accessing NTA website https://neet.nta.nic.in. The Application Form in any other mode will not be accepted.
3. Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate.
4. Candidates must follow the instructions given in the Information Bulletin and on NTA website strictly. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
5. Candidates must ensure that e-mail Address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are their own or parents only as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA through email on the registered e-mail address or SMS on registered Mobile Number only.
6. Instructions for filling Online Application Form:
· In order to ensure that the candidate data is submitted quickly, the Application Form for NEET (UG) – 2021 has been divided into Two Sets/Phases.
The first set of information needs to be filled up before the last date of submission of the online Application Form. The second set of information needs to be filled up by the candidates before the declaration of the Result/ downloading of Score Card during the period that would be notified separately through NEET (UG) Portal in due course. All candidates shall fill up each set of information of the Application Form at the respective time of availability. In the absence of filling up of any of the set of information, his/her candidature will be cancelled.
The ‘columns’ to be filled up in each set of information are available in the Information Bulletin as Appendix-XVII for your reference.
Download Information Bulletin and Replica of Application Form. Read these carefully to ensure your eligibility. In case a candidate is found to fill in more than one application, the Admit Card will be cancelled/withheld and his/her candidature will be forfeited for this/future examination.
· Follow the steps given below to Apply Online:
Step-1: Apply for Online Registration using your Parents/Guardians or your own unique Email Id and Mobile No.
Step-2: Fill in the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application No.
Step-3: Upload scanned images of candidate’s latest passport size photograph (jpg file size: 10 kb to 200 kb); post card size photograph (4”x6”) (jpg file size: 10 kb - 200 kb); siature (jpg file size: 4kb - 30kb); left hand thumb impression (jpg file size: 10 kb-200 kb) (in case of any eventuality of left thumb being unavailable, right hand thumb impression may be used.); Class X pass certificate (pdf file size: 50 kb to 300kb); category certificate (SC/ST/OBC/EWS etc.); (pdf file size: 50kb to 300kb) & PwBD certificate (pdf file size: 50kb to 300kb); Citizenship certificate/ Embassy certificate or any Documentary proof of Citizenship certificate in PDF format (file size: 50 kb to 300 kb), (pdf of all these documents should be in prescribed format/file of required size as mentioned against each). For photography, the focus needs to be on the face (80% face coverage, ears clearly visible, on white background).
Step-4: Pay the fee using SBI/Canara Bank/HDFC/ICICI/Paytm Payment Gateway through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net-banking/UPI/Wallet and keep proof of fee paid safely for future reference.
In case the Confirmation Page is not generated after payment of the prescribed Fee, then the candidate should approach the concerned Bank/Payment Gateway integrator (the helpline number and email given in Appendix- XVI of the Information Bulletin), for ensuring the successful payment. In spite of the above, if a successful transaction is not reflected on the Portal, the candidate may contact NTA Helpline. If the payment issue is still not resolved, the candidate may pay a second time. However, any duplicate payment received from the candidate by NTA in the course of said transactions will be refunded through the same payment mode through which the duplicate payment is received, after fee reconciliation by NTA.
· Download, save and print copies of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee and keep copies safely for future reference.
· All the above-mentioned 4 Steps can be done together in one go or at different times.
7. Candidates are advised to regularly visit the NTA website and also check their e-mails/SMS for the latest updates.
8. Candidates shall appear at their own cost at the Examination Centre on the Date and Timing indicated on their Admit Card issued by the NTA.
9. Any request to change the Examination Centre, Date, and Time provided on the Admit Card shall not be considered under any circumstances.
10. Candidates are advised to take 6-8 Passport size and 4-6 Post Card size (4” X6”) coloured photographs with white background. The photographs are to be used for uploading an Online Application Form, for examination, and also for Counselling/Admission. This is to ensure that the same photograph is used for all documents and all purposes related to NEET (UG)-2021.
1. The final submission of the Online Application Form will remain incomplete if step-3 and step-4 under point 6 are not completed. Such forms will stand rejected and no correspondence on this account will be entertained.
2. No request for refund of fee once remitted by the candidate will be entertained by NTA under any circumstances.
3. The entire application process of NEET (UG)-2021 is online, including uploading of scanned images and documents, Payment of Fees, and Printing of Confirmation Page. Therefore, candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s) including Confirmation Page to NTA through Post/ Fax/ by Hand/Email.
On-line submission of Application Form: 13th July, 2021 to 6th August, 2021 (up to 11:50pm)
Last Date of successful transaction of fee Through Credit/Debit Card/Net-Banking/UPI/Paytm: 7th August, 2021 (up to 11:50pm)
Date of Examination: 12th September, 2021 from 02:00p.m. To 5:00p.m.
Centre, Date, and Shift of NEET (UG) - 2021 Examination: As indicated on Admit Card
Declaration of Result on NTA website by: To be announced later on the website
To know more Information about this Exam please visit: www.nta.ac.in