COMEDK is the “Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka” to determine the merit of students in an effective, fair, transparent and non-exploitative testing procedure. Presently 12 Medical, 19 Dental colleges, who make available almost 600 seats, are affiliated to COMEDK and utilize its testing mechanism for effecting admission to PG Programme during the academic year 2015-2016. In this behalf, COMEDK has programmed to conduct Post Graduate Entrance Test 2015 (PGET – 2015) on 01/02/2015.
Applicants are advised to read this brochure thoroughly and familiarize themselves with the eligibility criteria, Test procedures, Eligibility to participate in seat selection process etc., COMEDK’s website contains information and current updates/alerts. This site is updated regularly. COMEDK suggests all applicants to visit it frequently for relevant information.
Pre Clinical: MS (Anatomy), MD (Physiology), MD (Biochemistry)
Para Clinical: MD (Pathology), MD (Microbiology), MD (Pharmacology), MD (Forensic Medicine), MD (Community Medicine)
Clinical: MD (General Medicine), MD (Paediatrics), MD (Dermatology and STD), MD (Tuberculosis), MD (Psychiatry), MS (General Surgery), MS (Ophthalmology), MS (Orthopaedics), MS (ENT), MD (Obstetrics and Gynaecology), MD (Anaesthesiology), MD (Radio-Diagnosis)/(Radiology), MD (Radio-Therapy), M.D. (Emergency Medicine) Medical Diploma Courses
Para Clinical: Diploma in Clinical Pathology (DCP), Diploma in Forensic Medicine (DFM), Diploma in Public Health (DPH)
Clinical: Diploma in Child Health (DCH), Diploma in Venerology and Dermatology (DVD), Diploma in Psychiatric Medicine (DPM), Diploma in Ophthalmology (DO), Diploma in Orthopaedics (D.Ortho), Diploma in Otolaryngology (DLO), Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (DGO), Diploma in Anaesthesiology (DA), Diploma in Radio-Diagnosis (DMRD)
MDS (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery), MDS (Oral Medicine and Radiology), MDS (Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics), MDS (Paedodontics and Preventive Dentistry), MDS (Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics), MDS Prosthodontics & Crown and Bridge), MDS (Oral Pathology and Microbiology), MDS (Public Health Dentistry)
Dental Diploma Courses Diploma in Oral Surgery, Diploma in Periodontics, Diploma in Orthodontics, Diploma in Conservative Dentistry and Diploma in Prosthodontics
Candidates from all over the country can appear for the said entrance examination. The eligibility criteria for Post Graduate Degree / Diploma programs have been as published by COMEDK in its Notification dated 01-10-2014 on its website which are reproduced as under:-
a. Applicants must meet all the requirements stipulated by MCI / DCI from time to time.
b. They should have successfully passed their MBBS / BDS from an Institution recognized by MCI / DCI.
c. They must have completed or be completing their internship by 30th April 2015 at the latest.
d. The minimum percentage of marks in the COMEDK PGET – 2015 shall be 50% for General Merit candidates and 40% for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe (All India) and Other Backward Classes belonging to
. Karnataka State
e. They should have obtained permanent registration with the MCI / DCI or any of the State Medical / Dental Council.
a. Notwithstanding the eligibility criteria mentioned as above, the changes, if any, effected by MCI/DCI or any other competent Regulatory Authorities shall be adopted.
b. In the case of an Indian national with the recognized degree from a
, the degree should have been
duly registered in the country where the degree is obtained and should also
have been recognized by the Medical/Dental Council of India. Foreign University
c. Rank list / Rank Card will be prepared only for those candidates who become eligible for admission to Post Graduate Courses as per the regulations of Medical Council of India / Dental Council of India.
1. Non-refundable Demand Draft (DD) for Rs. 2500/- (Rupees Two Thousand Five Hundred Only) being Application fee; application number & applicant’s name shall be written on the reverse of the DD. Check for the banker’s seal and signature on the DD.
2. Printed Online Application Form.
3. Photocopy of SSLC / 10th STD Marks card.
4. Photocopy of the Unique ID Proof mentioned in the Request for Application (RFA)
5. A photocopy of All marks cards / Consolidated Marks Sheet including that of failed year, if any (First Year to Final Year university examination marks card/s). Notified on 03/11/2014
6. Photocopy of Attempt Certificate i.e., a statement indicating the number of attempt one has taken to clear a particular subject/year.
7. Photocopy of Internship Completion Certificate / Internship Completed Certificate; a specimen is indicated as at Annexure V of the Brochure for those who are likely to complete the Internship on or before 30th April 2015.
8. Photocopy of Degree Certificate / Provisional Degree Certificate / Passing Certificate / Course Completion Certificate.
Photocopy of Registration Certificate / Provisional Registration Certificate or a receipt / an acknowledgement issued from the competent authority against applying for Registration Certificate. (Not a mandatory document for the candidates who had completed their BDS in the year 2014.)
a. SC / ST: Caste Certificate issued by competent authority (Authorized to issue such a certificate but not below the rank of a Tahsildar)
b. OBC: Category I, IIA, IIB, IIIA and IIIB: As notified by the Karnataka Govt. Caste and Income Certificate issued by Tahsildar or higher revenue jurisdictional authority authorized to issue such a certificate.
c. MINORITY: Religious (Christian) of All India / Linguistic (Tulu/Telugu) of Karnataka minority candidates have to produce certificate.
and Karnataka Region: A Certificate,
confirming the Hyderabad-Karnataka Region status, issued by the jurisdictional
Assistant Commissioner of the corresponding district, as required, is to be
Candidates who have not produced appropriate supporting documents for claiming the status of Religious / Linguistic Minority/Hyderabad - Karnataka Region / SC / ST / OBC will be rejected.
· Please take a legible printout of the Online Application Form in A4 size paper and in portrait format; note down your six digit application number for future correspondence.
· Enclose a non-refundable application fee of Rs. 2,500/- in the form of a crossed demand draft drawn on a Nationalized Bank and payable to COMEDK at
· Please check for the Banker’s signature on the DD before sending it to COMEDK.
· Avoid stapling of demand draft to the application form and instead use clips.
· Stick your recent (not older than three months) passport size colour photograph only in the space provided; please note that application form with smudged / tampered / hazy photograph will be rejected.
· Do not staple or pin the photograph on the application form; please do not sign on the photograph as no attestation is required.
· Application in physical format shall be received in the COMEDK office on or before Saturday the 27th December 2014 (before 5.00 PM) in the sealed envelope entioning as “Application for COMEDK PGET – 2015” at the top of the envelope and addressed to:
Notification for receiving Request for Application Form (RFA) to write COMEDK PGET 2015: 03-11-2014 Monday
Start date for issue of Online Application Form (OAF): 10-11-2014 Monday
Last date for Filling up the Online Application Form (OAF): 22-12-2014 Monday
Last date for receipt of Physical Application Form (PAF): 27-12-2014 Saturday
Uploading of Online Test Admission Ticket (TAT): 16-01-2015 Friday
COMEDK PGET - 2015 Test Day: 01-02-2015 Sunday
Publishing of Provisional Answer Keys: 01-02-2015 Sunday
Last date for receiving objections pertaining to Provisional Answer Keys: 06-02-2015 Friday
Publishing of Final Answer Keys: 13-02-2015 Friday
Publishing of Test Score: 18-02-2015 Wednesday
Publishing of Rank List and uploading of Online Rank Card: 24-02-2015 TuesdayTo know more Information about COMEDK PGET 2015 please click here